Saturday, October 1, 2011

Earrings.

Earrings. Earrings You thought those earrings would look cute. Well, I think they're knives, razors, meant to cut my eyes. You say they're feathers. I say they're fletchings on the eros of your crisp little ears, those dirty acrid-tasting tea saucers that hear all I say and lock it in your inner pirate armoury and don't give it back. Yesterday you wore shells. I didn't hear the ocean. Before that it was fancy plates, ready to serve me nothing at all. You are the Torquemada of auricular adornment. You will wear mirrors, and I, like a reverse Tantalus, seek not my own image but an opening to your closed face. I fear to put my tongue in your ear lest it be lost forever. If I shouted it would not echo. Now these feathers. They are plucked from my wings, broken, hanging limply on my bent back. You wear them proudly. They are beautiful now they are yours. Tomorrow you will wear hoops, flaming, and I will leap, ready to fall burning. James Harbeck is a Toronto-based editor and designer. His poemshave appeared in This Magazine, Broken Pencil Broken Pencil is a Canadian magazine, which profiles zine culture and independent arts and music. The magazine publishes four times annually.The magazine was founded in 1995 by Hal Niedzviecki. Its current editor is Lindsay Gibb. and Contemporary Verse 2.His current reading includes Looking Good by Keith Maillard Keith Maillard (born 28 February 1942 in Wheeling, West Virginia) is a fiction author and poet.Maillard lived in various places in the United States and Canada. He attended West Virginia University and was host of a Boston campus radio programme. , TheHandbook of Sociolinguistics sociolinguistics,the study of language as it affects and is affected by social relations. Sociolinguistics encompasses a broad range of concerns, including bilingualism, pidgin and creole languages, and other ways that language use is influenced by contact among edited by Florian Coulmas, Colloquial col��lo��qui��al?adj.1. Characteristic of or appropriate to the spoken language or to writing that seeks the effect of speech; informal.2. Relating to conversation; conversational. Chinese by P.C. T'ung and D.E. Pollard, Far from the Madding Gerund ger��und?n.1. In Latin, a noun derived from a verb and having all case forms except the nominative.2. In other languages, a verbal noun analogous to the Latin gerund, such as the English form ending in -ing by Mark Liberman Mark Liberman is a linguist. He has a dual appointment at the University of Pennsylvania, as Trustee Professor of Phonetics in the Department of Linguistics, and as a professor in the Department of Computer and Information Sciences. and Geoffrey K. Pullum, and a host of magazines.

No comments:

Post a Comment